20 Second Timeout is the place to find the best analysis and commentary about the NBA.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Next Top 40 Hit: Josh Howard Sings "Because I Got High"

I was gonna clean my room, until I got high
I was gonna get up and find the broom, but then I got high
My room is still messed up and I know why, (why man) 'cuz I got high
--"Because I Got High," Afroman (2001)

Josh Howard has a lot of time on his hands now that his Dallas Mavericks have been eliminated from the playoffs by the New Orleans Hornets. Howard recently explained what he likes to do to unwind during the offseason but this could be a great time for him to rent some studio time and remake Afroman's classic 2001 hit, "Because I Got High"--and if Howard decides to do so, it might go something like this:

I was gonna help my team win in the playoffs, until I got high
I was gonna play like an All-Star in the playoffs, until I got high
I was gonna be my team's second leading scorer in the playoffs, until I got high
I played so badly that I was benched for the last 9:08 in a do or die game and I know why (why man) 'cuz I got high

I was gonna finish strongly at the hoop versus New Orleans, until I got high
I was gonna hit open jumpers versus New Orleans, until I got high
I shot .292 from the field versus New Orleans and I know why (why man) 'cuz I got high.

I was gonna be a long-armed defender in certain situations versus Chris Paul, until I got high
I was gonna play with energy and hustle versus New Orleans, until I got high
My team depends on me but I let them down and I know why (why man) 'cuz I got high

Labels: , , ,

posted by David Friedman @ 6:53 AM

1 comments

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:06:00 AM, Blogger madnice said...

lololol I didnt know you were an emcee too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home